Ken-tron Mfg., Inc. is excited to be exhibiting in The International Paris Air Show, the aviation and space industry’s largest dedicated show.The Show takes place every two years and is organized by the SIAE, a subsidiary of GIFAS, the French Aerospace Industries Association. In 2017 the Show featured 2,381 exhibitors and drew 332,000 attendees. The 53rd Show will take place at the Le Bourget Parc des Expositions, June 17 – 23, 2019.
The International Paris Air Show will bring together leaders of the global aerospace market to present and review the industry’s latest technological innovations.
Photo credits: SIAE 2017 – Anthony Guerra & Alex Marc, SIAE 2017 – REA
As the largest and longest-running aerospace trade show in the world, the Show has been at the center of developments in the global aerospace market since the show’s inception in 1909. Among the more notable events relating to the show throughout its history:
- In 1927, Charles Lindbergh had landed at Le Bourget airport following the first non-stop flight between New York and Paris. This made Le Bourget the best-known aviation platform in the world, and particularly in the United States.
- In 1969, the Concorde, the world’s first supersonic commercial aircraft, and the Boeing 747 jumbo jet were on display at the Show.
Today, the full scope of the International Paris Air Show includes a diverse range of industries relating to and involved with aerospace including:
- Aircraft: construction, assembly, and sub-assemblies
- Space, spacecraft, satellite telecommunications
- Aircraft engines, aerospace power plant and related equipment
- Airborne equipment and systems
- Pilot and navaids, onboard equipment systems
- Production equipment, tools and software
- Subcontracting – electrical, electronic, mechanical engineering and metal working
- Materials, composite materials and surface treatment
- And More
Open to aerospace professionals and the general public, the International Paris Air Show inspires a large number of vocations. For this year’s show schedule, June 17 – June 20 will be reserved for trade attendees and June 21 – 23 will be open to the general public.
Ken-tron Mfg., Inc. will be exhibiting our AS 9100 certified aerospace wire products in Booth 3-B94.